Instructions

~Welcome to the CMP 272 Fall 2008 Quotes Blog~
*Choose a quote with a KNOWN author.
*Compose a short essay on why this quote has meaning in your life. Include an interesting fact about the quote author.
*Complete draft for in class revising, and editing sessions.
Your quote should be set up in the following manner:
*Create a title for your post.
*"Put your chosen quote in quotation marks."
*List the author of your quote underneath.
*Leave a space.
*Somewhere in the body of your quote include a picture that enhances your quote post.
*Key in your short quote essay to the blog AFTER it has been through the draft, revision, editing process.
*Please have all quotes posted by the end of week 5.
*When all quotes have been posted, I will instruct you to make comments (minimum of two).
*Please do not post comments until all quotes have been posted!
*Pick two or more quotes by fellow classmates and add a comment to their post. You may comment on their quote or on their author or on the information they shared.
*Comments should be posted by the end of week 8.
*Inappropriate quote posts or comments will not be tolerated and will result in a failing IRP grade. Build each other up, not tear each other down.

November 13, 2008

My Special Friends
“ A friend is one of the nicest things you can have
and one of the best things you can be”
*** Douglas Pagels

The closest thing to family is having great friends. Just like Douglas Pagels a family oriented writer, has many great friends. With his loving and caring qualities he tries to be the best friend he can be while juggling his job, volunteering in the community, coaching basketball, his amazing family and a wife of thirty years.

While attending WVJC I have met two of the most special people. These two ladies have shown me honesty, loyalty, which is the true meaning of friendship. I know when family can’t be there my friends are just a phone call away.

While trying to keep up with my busy and chaotic life, like Douglas, I try my hardest to be the best friend that I can be. I try to make sure I’m there when my friends need someone to just listen, and I’m happily there waiting when they need a shoulder to cry on. Douglas Pagels and I share the same values in life. We work hard to meet our goals that we have set, we love our families, friends and neighbors, and we try our hardest to be the best person we can be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute and so very true mary

Marie said...

Very Nice Jeanie!! And Very True!!