Instructions

~Welcome to the CMP 272 Fall 2008 Quotes Blog~
*Choose a quote with a KNOWN author.
*Compose a short essay on why this quote has meaning in your life. Include an interesting fact about the quote author.
*Complete draft for in class revising, and editing sessions.
Your quote should be set up in the following manner:
*Create a title for your post.
*"Put your chosen quote in quotation marks."
*List the author of your quote underneath.
*Leave a space.
*Somewhere in the body of your quote include a picture that enhances your quote post.
*Key in your short quote essay to the blog AFTER it has been through the draft, revision, editing process.
*Please have all quotes posted by the end of week 5.
*When all quotes have been posted, I will instruct you to make comments (minimum of two).
*Please do not post comments until all quotes have been posted!
*Pick two or more quotes by fellow classmates and add a comment to their post. You may comment on their quote or on their author or on the information they shared.
*Comments should be posted by the end of week 8.
*Inappropriate quote posts or comments will not be tolerated and will result in a failing IRP grade. Build each other up, not tear each other down.

November 25, 2008

Keep Your Head High

Lacee Lucas

CMP 272

Qoute

"Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world in the face."
-Helen Heller-
Have you ever thought to yourself man I cant to this, it is to hard, why does
everything bad always happen to me, or even what is my purpose of being here? Well,
I have. I used to always be depressed and look at the down side of everything. Life
just never seemed to go right.

A friend once told me Helen Kellers qoute and I said ot over and over to
myself. It actually helped. I finally got enough strength to hold my head high and look
the world in the face just like Helen did. Helen Keller was born blind and deaf and still
nothing let her down. She went on to college, wrote many books, and made a big
imact on deaf and blind people through the years she lived.

For me this qoute describes not to let every little thing let a person down.
look at the sunny side of life and know that the world is no better than you so dont be
intimidated. Out of the many qoutes that Helen Keller has wrote, I could not have
picked a better one to help me hold my head high!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a really good quote and it is true, no matter what you shouldn't give up.

Chris said...

you are right you should never give up on anything that means anything to you

DonnaPrunty said...

I love this quote. You are right, never give up, if it is important to you, work at it. This will only make you stronger in the end.

Melina said...

You are so right! You can go much further than you think, so never give up! Good quote!