Instructions

~Welcome to the CMP 272 Fall 2008 Quotes Blog~
*Choose a quote with a KNOWN author.
*Compose a short essay on why this quote has meaning in your life. Include an interesting fact about the quote author.
*Complete draft for in class revising, and editing sessions.
Your quote should be set up in the following manner:
*Create a title for your post.
*"Put your chosen quote in quotation marks."
*List the author of your quote underneath.
*Leave a space.
*Somewhere in the body of your quote include a picture that enhances your quote post.
*Key in your short quote essay to the blog AFTER it has been through the draft, revision, editing process.
*Please have all quotes posted by the end of week 5.
*When all quotes have been posted, I will instruct you to make comments (minimum of two).
*Please do not post comments until all quotes have been posted!
*Pick two or more quotes by fellow classmates and add a comment to their post. You may comment on their quote or on their author or on the information they shared.
*Comments should be posted by the end of week 8.
*Inappropriate quote posts or comments will not be tolerated and will result in a failing IRP grade. Build each other up, not tear each other down.

November 13, 2008

Kiss Kiss


"The sound of a kiss not so loud as that of a cannon, but uts echo last a great longer."

-Oliver Wendell Holmes


Oliver Wendell Holmes graduated from Harvard University with a degree in medicine. He became chair of the Anatomy and Physiology Department in Dartmouth College, he held this position until 1847, and then took a similar one at Harvard. He wrote many different things throughout his lifetime. The sound of a kiss lasts a lot longer then the echo of a cannon, because with a certain type of kiss, like your first kiss for instance, you usually remember, I still remember my first kiss, and just how much it meant to me. It just so happened that my first kiss on Valentine's Day, I was 15 at the timem and ti happened just as I had always imagined it happening. And for me it is a kiss that I will always remember. The guy tha tI am with now I've had the chance of having all of my firsts with, and he's had all of his firsts with me, and to me it just makes everything that much better. And the best part of it all is that I plan on marrying him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I strongly agree, a kiss is very special ecspecially with the love of your life. I am happy for you.